Saturday, April 25, 2015

Creative And Beautiful DIY Rain Chains


I'll admit it, I've got a thing for rain chains. I love the sound of rain. I love the smell of rain.
 I love a good thunderstorm. I even love songs about rain! And I love rain chains. 
I think they're so pretty and add a unique touch to a home.
 What's a rain chain you ask?

Popular in Japan, rain chains are known as kusari doi, and have been around for 
hundreds of years. Hung from a roof gutter, they are used to collect rain water in 
barrels or basins that are placed below the chain's end. They are also used to direct rain
 water away from the home (as a modern downspout does). Not only are rain chains an 
attractive alternative to traditional downspouts, but they can also add unique interest and 
beauty to your home's exterior garden landscape. 

How about making your own rain chain? 
Read on to check out some great rain chain ideas and be inspired!   


DIY spoon rain chain project with instructions from Birds & Blooms. I really like this 
project and I think I am going to try to make this one myself! 



Simple chain with vintage barrel from Victoria Skoglund


 Stone and rock rain chains from Elderberry Street (above and below)





Rain chain with succulents


Beautiful ceramic rain chains (above and below) by Joan Engelmeyer at City Art Farm
 via Etsy






Heart rain chain from Wade Creek House Antiques







Colorful stained glass rain chain by WhenLifeGivesURocks via Etsy



Funnel rain chain 









Fork and spoon rain chain (above and below) by I'm Going To Texas





Pinecone rain chain by Burbs and the Bees




Pin this post!






What do you think?


Have a great week!
Laura

Join me on: 









Article copyright ©Laura Beth Love 2019 and may not be republished in print or other media without express written permission from the author. For any link corrections please leave correct info in comment area.